Friday, March 4, 2011

I Hate Allergies for Two Reasons

And two reasons alone.

1. Jason's snoring.


2. This little girl.

The runny nose. Watery eyes. Breathing treatments. Croupy cough. Strident breathing. Benadryl. Tylenol. Steriods. No sleep. Barely eating. General miserableness.

It's a little heartbreaking.

And when the doctor said she might have to use an inhaler at some point.

My watery eyes began.

But he looked at me and said, "You do what you have to do. If she uses one, it will build character."

And I'm not really sure whose character he was referring to. Mine or hers. Probably mine.

But I know one thing that does not build my character. In fact, it makes me into a sleep-deprived crazy woman.

And that's point number one.

Needless to say, the Benadryl is flowing at our house.

Welcome back to Oklahoma.

No comments: