Thursday, March 31, 2011

Karma

Yesterday, my little world came crashing down. On the kitchen floor that is.

Brace yourselves.

My coffee pot broke.

Take a few minutes to cry if you need to.

I pride myself on being a pretty easy going person. Even keel if you will. This temperament has been put to the test by my daughters and especially the two-year old and for the most part, I always keep my cool. But the one thing that sent me over the edge is the coffee pot. I love the routine of making and drinking coffee every morning. It's my thing. And it didn't happen this morning and I feel a little off kilter. And a little grumpy from the caffeine headache.

So if anyone wants to send a coffee maker my way, I would appreciate it. I can't bring myself to buy a new one. I keep thinking it will reappear on my kitchen counter.

When I ask myself why this happened. I only have one answer. Karma. It broke while Jason was trying to kill a nice little house spider that kept poking its head out from the window sill above the kitchen sink. My poor little coffee pot was knocked to the ground during the battle. And unfortunately the spider won the battle. It was still there this morning poking its little head out. And my coffee pot lost.

So don't go killing God's little innocent creatures. Because you might lose a coffee pot in return. And your sanity. And I don't need any help in that department.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Check at walmart for just a pot replacement.....I've had to replace mine a few times. Before I replaced it I may or may not have just put a cup under the brewer....

Mandy said...

I have a coffee maker in my garage that you can have, I replaced it with a smaller coffee maker but it works great. Let me know if you want it!

Morgandi said...

Yes! I would love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.