Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Britney Spears Parenting 101

I would like to think that as a mother, I teach my children well. Especially in the moral department. I really do try to teach and show them good morals.

I had to think twice about what I was teaching my girls when I was on my way home from the office the other day.

While in the car after dragging the girls to the office to get a few things finished up, Chloe said from the backseat...

"I want beer."

"You want what, Chlo?"

"Beer. I want beer."

"You want WHAT?" I ask with sweat beginning to drip down my face.

"Beer." Now crying, "I want BEER. I waaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnt BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER."

And this is the point when I almost wrecked the car. Almost fainted. Almost had a heart attack. I stared crying. Started questioning. Started wracking my brain. I began to question my moral education. My mothering. Everything. And then the worst thought of all occurred when I thought, 'this is what Britney Spears' kids must ask for. They probably ask for beer. In the world of parenting I'm equal to Britney Spears. I guess one of the girls should just hop in my lap while I'm driving if this is the parenting road my kids and I are headed down.'

When we were at a stoplight I turned around and looked at Chloe. Through her tears and through her beer tantrum, I finally saw what she was pointing at.

In her bag, was this...

A teddy beer. That she stole from the office. So while we're not 100% on our morals, hence the thievery, at least she's not asking for beer.

She only asks for her (stolen) teddy beer.


2 comments:

The Seat House said...

This is soooo funny! I've had some of these moments but they normally were saying what I hoped they were not!!!

Gena said...

Raegan said "Bamit" as an expression the other day and I almost stopped breathing. I don't know where that came from and there's no way she heard anything like that from our house! I asked her later what the word was and she said it was two words with bam at the beginning. At least she couldn't remember!