Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Clarification & A Fashion Plate

I feel like I need to clarify a little fact after my last post. I do not pee my pants on a regular basis. In fact, I haven't peed my pants in years. Decades, even. Well, except for when I was 22 and had a dream that I was swimming in water. Or the time a few years ago when I laughed so hard with Jason. Or the time a few months ago when I decided I would add jumping rope to my workout routine. I haven't jumped rope since.

Okay, so maybe it happens. To everyone. You know it's happened to you. Especially if you've had a baby. It's amazing what that will do to a girl.

But I need to let you know that it doesn't happen when I run. It has never happened when I run. It was just so cold and so wet and I held it for a really long time during my two-and-a-half-hour run. It's like sticking your finger in water or hearing water run when you really have to go. Sometimes you just can't help yourself when the odds are stacked up against you.

So don't be scared if your running next to me on the treadmill. I will control myself. I promise.

But moving on to another girl who pees her pants on a regular basis.

I introduce to you, Stella. Future Fashion Plate of America.

Please look at her right arm. That would be a leg warmer that she demanded to wear on her arm. She cried and cried and waved the leg warmer in my face until I decrypted her baby talk and understood her need to express herself through fashion.
A girl after my own heart.
And yes, sometimes I let her put all the tupperware in the trash can when I'm busy.

That's just how I roll.

3 comments:

Gena said...

A. I have no idea what a Fashion Plate is.
B. Stella's diaper is SO bulbous in that picture coming out of the closet. It looks like she wet her pants quite a bit.

Morgandi said...

A. A fashion plate is someone who is very fashionable and people try to emulate.

B. Huge diapers are in. Or they are at least they are when I forget to change her diaper after her nap. Oops!

Addie said...

I also wet my pants from laughing too hard while prego. Ben and I were walking into the hardware store. I don't mean a dribble. Full on pee in my snow boots. It was so embarrassing, I tell myself that everyone who saw it happen might think my water broke. The worst part was having to throw away my fur lined boots though.