Thursday, July 28, 2011

Counting Sheep, I Suppose

After the girls woke up from their nap the other day, I went to get into the drawer that holds all of their diaper things. I nearly panicked when I looked inside because this is what I found...
8,000 wipes. Neatly tucked away in the drawer.
After pulling the mound of never-ending wipes out, this is what it looked like.

Pretty massive.
But I guess when you move to a big girl bed, and your mom threatens you that if you get out of that big girl bed she'll move your crib back in, but you're ever-so-sneaky, and you can do ever-so-sneaky things very, very quietly, you can do things like this. All I could think was that at least after she obliterated the drawer, Chloe had the decency to put all the items back in the drawer and shut it. Maybe she's learning a little something from me after all. And if this is what it takes to get a little sleepy, I suppose she can count baby wipes instead of sheep, at least for the time being.

And I suppose that she is the culprit for misplaced items around her room that I've found after the girls' naps; books in her sister's crib. Baby doll bottles jammed underneath pillows. Puzzle pieces on the bookshelf. Chairs moved across the room. Naked Barbie dolls strewn across the floor.

But again, in the continuous stages of childhood and the frustration that was naptime for a few days last week, I'll accept the random items and the baby wipes for what they are.

Energy Expenditure.

And in the spirit of keeping things in perspective, sometimes it's all that matters.

1 comment:

Shelly Essary said...

Anderson did that same thing with the wipes! It's amazing how quickly they can work when they want to! Oh and he also recently unrolling an entire roll of toilet paper AND he put it ALL in the toilet! So imagine pulling wet, soggy, TP out of the potty! Ick.