Friday, July 22, 2011

Model-Like/Ms. Brenna

I hate to even show you these pictures.

Hesitate at the thought of it.

I don't want you to get jealous.

But this is just a fact.

My girls get in front of the camera and they really know how to turn it on. To pose. To look at the camera and smile. Very model-like, if I may say so myself.

No funny faces. No dork faces from Stella. No apathy from Chloe.

Look at Chloe's enthusiasm for the camera. It's palpable, isn't it?

Please tell me that the fingers in the mouth is just a phase, right? Not that Chloe would ever stick her fingers in her mouth, I'm just asking for another mom who is having this problem with her 2-year old.

In all honesty, this post is about Ms. Brenna, and my girls love of Ms. Brenna. Brenna works in the childcare at the Y and has been a constant in my girls' life, for the past 10-months or so. Everyday, when I drag their little diaper booties to the Y, Brenna is one of the many awesome teachers that the girls spend time with. Her last day at the Y is tomorrow and she is moving on with her life...getting married, moving to Norman....and I guess I'll let her go. Not that I really have a lot of say in the matter.

Brenna is the one that Stella loves the most. If Stella had her choice between myself and Brenna, Brenna would win hands-down. And this says a lot, because if Stella could attach herself to me 24/7, she would. She is a momma's girl through and through.

But Brenna trumps her momma every time.
As much as my girls are going to miss Brenna, I'm going to miss her just as much. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that when you leave your children somewhere, that there is someone not only watching out for them, but really caring for them. And it's apparent how much she cares for them.

We will miss you Ms. Brenna!

PS. Sorry my girls are freaks and can't take a decent picture, but you get what you get with them.

1 comment:

The Seat House said...

You are hilarious!Your girls are precious, no matter what face they are making!