Thursday, August 18, 2011

Girls' Night

Last night, Jason had dinner with friends and I had a girls' night.

With my daughters.

It was actually a lot of fun. As of late, things have become a lot less logistical (like, how am I going to make it through any sort of store without a stroller, or a cart, or an extra person or a Xanax) and more more easy and less stressful (like, I can go into Braums for a gallon of milk and my daughters can actually walk, and I don't need a stroller, or a cart, or an extra person, but maybe still a Xanax.) This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. Having a bit more freedom to do the little things without planning every single minute step is really nice.

So for our girls' night, we spent our time out in the backyard.

Chloe swam in her clothes. I'm still not really sure why I let her do this. It just seemed like the right thing at the time.


And Stella walked around the backyard in one shoe. Again, it just seemed okay at the time.

And I grilled by myself, for the first time in my life. I made teriyaki chicken.

And some sort of carrot/brussel sprout situation that was delicious.

All while cooking and playing and swimming, I did my most favorite thing of all.

I perused the pages of Vogue.

And I fell in love with these shoes. And I'm ever so hopeful that Forever21 will come out with a $20 knock-off.

And I fell even more in love with Diane Kruger's sense of style.

And look at this cape. Isn't it gorgeous?

And I was inspired by Stella McCartney's sense of casual style. So effortless, right?

And again, Diane Kruger. My hat is off to you. And those shoes. Forever21, please make a knock-off of these too?

But the best moment of the night was watching Stella peruse the pages of Vogue. Saying "shoes, dress, beautiful." Ah...a girl after my own heart.
What a great night.

3 comments:

Morgandi said...

I must add that at one point during the evening, the Vogue ended up on the ground with Stella stepping on it. I immediately pulled her off and said, "We don't step on Vogue. It's like stepping on the Bible." A little blasphemous...yes; but still very, very true.

Morgandi said...

I'm beginning to find it necessary to comment on the posts that have no comments. The "0 Comments" just looks too sad.

OK Chick said...

I like the yellow/silver shoes as well. I have no idea where I would wear them, but they sure are cute.