Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Last Year

(Title should be sung to the tune of "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas")

Apparently the thought of celebrating my sister's birthday at an awesome burger joint sent me into a particular frame of mind--the exact frame of mind that I was in last year, celebrating my sister's birthday at an awesome burger joint.

Here is Chloe, August 5, 2010.

And here's Stella, August 5, 2011.

(It's her party and she'll cry if she wants to, okay?)
Notice the similarity? Same dress. And this was not planned. The whole time we were eating, I kept thinking, "something is funny. I know it is. And it's not the fact that Stella is a wild woman and is playing under the table while eating french fries off the floor. No that's not it."

So we just kept celebrating my sister's birthday with my mom and Sonny.

And I kept having that strange feeling.
And I went home and immediately figured it out. I'm a freak. But you probably already knew that anyway. And I don't know who's going to wear that striped dress next year. It won't be my baby, I can promise you that.

And I hope that next year I don't wear workout clothes to a burger joint. (I have an excuse, I was training a client right before lunch.) It's just strange wearing workout clothes while inhaling a burger and fries. And I'm just not that ironic.

And I also hope that I never again run 6.5 miles after eating a burger. Not pretty, not pretty at all, my friends.

But there is one thing you can probably guarantee about MaKenna's next birthday.

Stella will probably be wearing a pink dress that looks a lot like this one. And it will be an accident. And around August 8, 2012, you will find another post on this pathetic blog titled "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Last Year, Part Two".
Happy Birthday, MaKenna! Another year older means that you're almost as old as me.

Wait, that's not right.

No comments: