Monday, January 2, 2012

Out with Old, in with the New.2

Remember these lovely, white, cushiony brand new running shoes from last year's post?

They make their second appearance in the picture below. In the back. Like a shunned child. The worn, grey, flat as pancakes, ran-way-to-many-miles-in shoes.

I took myself and my shunned shoes over to Elite Feet to visit James this afternoon. Which, by the way, is the only place you should go for shoes in the OKC area. James is an expert and will get you in the right pair of shoes. Or in my case, two pairs of shoes. 


I've registered for the 2011 Marathon and I need these shoes to make it through the training and the race. 

I was really dragging my heels about registering for the marathon for 2 reasons and 2 reasons alone.

1. Each time I've registered for a marathon, I've ended up pregnant during the training. That's right. 2 registrations. 2 children. Simple math. Marathons=Babies. Another Baby=Scares the pants right off of me. 

And reason number 2.

2. I don't want this to happen again. Peeing your pants one time in public is enough. But lucky for me, my fabulous running partner, Miranda is training and running the race right along with me again. I can't believe she agreed to this again, because I am a little annoying when I run and I peed my pants while running next to her. However, she has promised that she will pee her pants during the marathon just to make me feel better about myself.


So wish us (and my uterus and bladder) luck as we train. 

It's a long road, but I'm excited to take it. Especially in a brand new pair of shoes, or two.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I would agree with 2 shoes....my biggest regret of running the marathon, training and running in 1 pair of shoes....very bad idea. I'll sit this marathon or half marathon out again....because pretty sure a csection on March 16th does not equal that much activity in April! Good luck!

OCdeanwife said...

I've seen people announce their pregnancy on their blogs but never a future pregnancy! Good luck on the marathon and pending pregnancy! We are doing the half but I'm not going to pee my pants (I hope!!)

스마트한걸 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kevin21 said...

Nike High Heels

Monster High Celebrities

Jordan Heels

Nike Dunk Sb High Heels Black And Pink

High Heel

kevin said...

Canadian Goose

Canada Goose

Canadiangoose

Canadian Goose Jacket

Canada Goose Parka

Canada Goose Coats