Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tinkerbell, The Cowboy, and a Laundry Basket.

 Getting dressed in the morning makes me want to pull my hair out. Or not wash it. And then put in a ponytail on top of my head. At least I shower everyday. That's an improvement.

If you're a mom, you know what I mean. 

Gone are the days of blowdrying my hair in peace. 

Until Cowboy, Tinkerbell and the Laundry Basket came to town.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Cowboy? I get Tinkerbell, but Cowboy?" Yes. She thinks she's a cowboy in that hat, and I will never tell that messy-faced little girl any differently.

While I was getting dressed a few mornings ago, the girls were eerily quiet. I peeked out the bathroom door and found them on my bed, in the laundry basket smiling and talking to each other.

And then they started doing this.

 Just tipping themselves over.

Which was really cute, because I was able to take pictures like this.

 And then things got a little weird when one would get under the basket and the other would stand on top. They did this several times. Just getting a little aggression out on their sister, you know.

And even though I didn't get my hair fixed the way I wanted (because I had to take pictures of them), it's okay. It was all worth it to see them play so sweetly together.

It looked like so much fun, I'm thinking about trying it with my sister the next time she comes over. There's nothing weird about a 23- and 31- year old playing in a laundry basket, right?

Get ready, MaKenna, get ready. It's gonna be fun.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Maddie cries when I use the hair dyer, shows how much I dry or wash my hair, she's 19 months, this should not be a scary thing for her.

Allison Harms said...

Cute pictures! And I totally understand about the lack of showering. And I often just put my wet hair in a ponytail. Or not wash it. :)

MaKenna said...

haha I think they learned that move from us :)