Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Forgotten Birthday

When I was pregnant with Chloe and found out that her due date was March 1st, Jason said, "Well there goes my birthday."

And when I was pregnant with Stella and we found out that her due date was February 15th, Jason said, "We'll never celebrate my birthday again." 

It shakes out like this:
Stella's Birthday- February 10
Jason's Birthday- February 21
Chloe's Birthday-March 9

For me, the cluster of birthdays has made my life a lot easier, for one reason alone--

I get to leave up the birthday decorations for one whole month, with a valid (okay, it's really  and totally inexcusable) reason. 

If you know me, I like to procrastinate about taking down decorations. 

You don't even want to know how long I kept up our Christmas tree. 

See, look at this picture. I didn't forget his birthday at all. I would even like to say that I decorated for his special day. Even if it was first intended for Stella. Look at all of her his cards!

I let the girls pick out cards for him this year. Stella picked out Belle. And apparently Jason is her "granddaughter".

And Chloe picked out a Tinkerbell card for her "best girl friend". 

I chose one that talks about peeing your pants. Something. is. wrong. with. me.

All in all, I think he had a great birthday. Even with his girly cards and leftover decorations. 

Eventually we left the fairy princesses behind and celebrated with a proper birthday dinner. We had so much fun... 

 He wouldn't let us sing Happy Birthday so I embarrassed him the best way I know how. 

With photographic proof of my dorkiness.

Jason, your birthday is not forgotten. You are the best husband a girl could ask for and I'm more than happy to celebrate birthday, after birthday, after birthday, after birthday, with you.

Even if I do weird things to embarrass you.

Even if I use leftover decorations and fairy princess cards.

Even if I post your birthday post, one day late.

I love you.

Happy Birthday (yesterday)!

2 comments:

Gena said...

Happy birthday Lash. We love you! And next year, we're inviting ourselves to your birthday dinner!

nikeairmaxshoes90 said...

All fashion style of beauty to form a unique style of Franklin and Marshall . Shopping for wholesale cheap Ed hardy is definitely the way to save a lot of money. It is the best way to purchase North Face Jackets at donedhardy.net online outlet store. The North Face Outletbrings you a wide variety of bright, distinct and fashionable Franklin and Marshall T-shirts.
Christian Louboutin Shoes have colorful tattoo design on the body in bold graphics giving it unconventional and wild look that is adored by the modern young crowd who are constantly looking for something which will set them apart from the rest.