Thursday, May 17, 2012

The last and final marathon post where I show you the idiot I actually am.

My awesome running partner's awesome husband was nice enough to meet us at the 20 mile mark to cheer us on and take some pics. In the picture below I have no idea he's there. I feel like I'm either going to spontaneously combust or reduce to a pile of ashes. I'm loading up with a banana, a GU packet, pretzels, a cup of water and a cup of gatorade. I was clearly in need of some fuel and a chance to walk while I consumed everything in sight.

While I'm walking and eating and walking and drinking, (I refuse to run and drink from a cup. It goes up my nose every single time.) I hear Scott say my name and I look over and smile. He holds the camera up and says, "pretend like you're running for the pictures." And while I momentarily thought of throwing my banana at him because I didn't want to fake run when I had actually been running for 20 miles thankyouverymuch, I took the opportunity to act like a complete idiot.

And I did what is quite possibly the stupidest fake run accompanied by the stupidest face I've ever seen. And I'm putting it on this blog for all to enjoy. 

 The guy dressed in head-to-toe frosted flakes is even laughing at me. And I'm totally okay with that. 

Even when I'm meeting one of my lifelong goals, I can still manage to totally embarrass myself.

Just keeping it real, folks.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

running a marathon gives you permission to do whatever you want!

heather hub said...

wow...truly stunning pictures of you!

OK Chick said...

You ran a marathon...who cares what you look like. You're a rock star in my book.

Whitney said...

Looks like fun :)